The steps that Carolyn and Loren ultimately took
1. Carolyn became one of my closest friends. We did many podcasts together. I invested countless hours over a period of years into her, to pray with her, and to minister deliverance and inner healing to her. Eventually, I invited her to be part of the board of BRIDE Ministries because I wanted to have a trusted survivor to provide perspective on the decisions we were making. She had the hearts of many that had connected to the ministry because of her testimony and blog. In all of this, I believe she was very genuine. This may be my naivety, but even now I do not believe that either of us were aware of dormant programming that would eventually get triggered. This is not an accusation that she was knowingly infiltrating the organization from day 1. Nonetheless, point 1 was achieved.
- Get close to the leadership or become a leader yourself within the targeted organization.
2. On October 31st, 2016 I received a text from Carolyn while I was on my way back from a short trip to California to meet with a friend at a church conference. It was followed up with a phone call during which she was agitated, suggesting she was “leaving BRIDE Ministries”. The following day I received a text saying she was going to divorce herself from BRIDE Ministries, which was followed up by more communication efforts on my behalf to address her concerns. (I later realized that this is when dormant programming began to be triggered.) She brought accusation to me regarding a gentleman I had hosted on my podcast and a beloved woman, named Darla, who has blessed the lives of many survivors connecting with our organization. I offered to take the offending podcast down until we could have more dialogue. When I attempted to arrange a conversation between me, her and Darla she refused. No amount of reasonable effort that I made to address her concerns were acknowledged or received, and the few conversations we had were circular, frantic, and inconsequential. This, looking back, was evidence that a dormant program had been triggered, flinging her into a state of manipulated consciousness.
3. The following weekend, without notice, she publicly posted an article on her blog saying she was divorcing herself from BRIDE Ministries. She posted it while I was speaking at a conference in Tennessee. At that time, she was still a member of the board of BRIDE Ministries. She did not consult with any of the other board members before making this move. She immediately began to share this initial article through private Facebook messages to many of our common friends to raise as much controversy as possible. In this, point 2 was achieved.
- Bring accusation against the man or woman of God at the head of the ministry and promote slander and gossip against them.
4. This initial post was made during one of my messages at the conference she knew I was going to be speaking at that weekend. Even now I ask: Why did the post have to go up at that time? Looking back, if she was operating from a place of sound mindedness and a foundation of friendship and trust that had been established through countless hours of conversation that occurred over a period of years, it is hard to argue that this is a reasonable course of action. Do people really betray their friends and associates like this without outside influence? Again, she was still on the board of our ministry as she was beginning to attack. She went from bringing accusation against people I was associated with, to accusing people firmly connected to BRIDE Ministries, to ultimately making the entire conversation a direct attack against me.
5. As she came out publicly against me, she did not request to speak at a board meeting about her alleged concerns, nor would she agree to civil conversations about her alleged concerns. She never submitted a formal resignation apart from her public statements. During the first weekend of November, when she released her first blog article against me, she immediately began accusing me of sending threatening texts to her. This happened via social media as I tried to ask her about the article she had written via private texts. She had written, released, and promoted an article that people were suddenly asking me about, with good reason, because it suggested there were some deeply concerning things about me and our ministry. She would not answer my phone calls, she would not be civil, and she used my efforts to text her as further accusation against me. There was no availability for reconciliation. When I realized that any communication with her would be misrepresented and used in her case against me, I promptly stopped reaching out. This concluded our communications. By this point, I surmise that the program to take down BRIDE Ministries was fully activated.
6. She continued to use Facebook to private message my employees, close affiliates, friends, the BRIDE Ministries survivor community, and even people that I was loosely connected with. She sent them her slander, libel, and eventually her slanderous videos against me and BRIDE Ministries. In this, she continually created ultimatums for anyone that responded back to her or tried to better understand her, suggesting that if they wanted to be responsible, they had to get away from me and our ministry as fast as possible. This was reported to me by numerous individuals including my own employees at the time. In this, point 3 was achieved.
- Try to take as many people as possible out of agreement with the leader over the organization, urging them to leave with or without an actual solution as to what they should do.
7. She went after survivors in our community to try and recruit them to her cause. She first went after Eleyna, who was still my client at the time, and who had done several profound programs on my podcast. At first, Eleyna believed Carolyn’s accusations and responded by publicly leaving BRIDE Ministries as well. Not too long afterwards, she realized what Carolyn was doing and decided to stop cooperating. When Carolyn couldn’t get her to follow in her path, she turned on Eleyna, attacking her publicly as well. The stress of everything drove Eleyna into a very dark place and she got incredibly sick. In her own words, she was “left devasted”. Carolyn continued to accuse everyone that did not immediately separate themselves from BRIDE Ministries, suggesting that they were wrong or deceived because they were not hearing and responding to what she called “the truth.” The accusation was that I was unreasonable, deceptive, and could not be trusted under any circumstances. The information always came with an ultimatum. She then made the official statement that anything I said that was contrary to what she claimed was “the truth” were “lies.” In her mind, she had all the truth, and I had all the lies. She was right, I was wrong. She was good, I was bad. This is pure black/white thinking often associated with programming. She then evaded all accountability by disabling comments on the slander and libel she published to various platforms such as Facebook, her personal blog, and eventually YouTube. This, of course, was to ensure that no one could be seen publicly disagreeing with her. Then she connected with Loren Grace and recruited her to be an associate against me and BRIDE Ministries. By this time, point 4 was achieved.
- Make the case against the leadership an ultimatum and force people to make a choice while providing no room for reconciliation with the leader. Paint a portrait of the leader that is beyond redemption and beyond hope. Generate an atmosphere of fear and panic so that people become reactionary.
8. Together, Carolyn Hamlett and Loren Grace assembled a slanderous article accusing me of all sorts of terrible things such as being a Luciferian, a practitioner of witchcraft, a teacher of heresies, a cult leader, and an abusive coach. Not only did they attack me, but they published private emails between them and Dr. Rob Ruckert and Dr. Bailey without permission to try and strengthen their case and promote division. They wrote many half-truths as they assembled a case against me, concluding that the only sensible thing anyone could do after reading their libel about me was to get as far away from our ministry as possible. Again, this reflects the ultimatum. This blog remains published on the internet, waiting to be found by any skeptic that would otherwise connect with our tools or ministry. To it, a negative testimony page was added, achieving point 5.
- Recruit as many public voices as possible to the case against the targeted organization.
9. After a number of people were swayed, they continued to make videos and write articles, ultimately composing a book, making it their platform to take down the platform of BRIDE Ministries. In the process they brought accusation against many fruit-bearing leaders in the body of Christ, naming individuals that they neither had personal knowledge of nor experience with, but who they grouped into a massive accusation against leaders in the body of Christ. They continue to publish any material they can secure from others to strengthen their case. Though radically unsuccessful, they continue to pursue point 6.
- Continue to write and speak against the organization and its leadership. If this phase is successful, it will render the leader and organization incapable of effectively executing its mandate from heaven. The ministry will be taken down, and its influence will be left in tatters.
Carolyn clearly followed a proven strategy to destroy a ministry from the inside. She used proven techniques in order to introduce division and brought Loren Grace in as her partner.
Some scriptures to consider
There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing. (Proverbs 12:18)
These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19)
Bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. (Colossians 3:13)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. (John 13:34)
Moreover, if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. (Matthew 18:15-17)
In the process of all that transpired, Carolyn broke my heart because I considered her a very close friend. I had grown to love both her and Loren Grace as sisters in Christ that I believed to be incredibly brave for the healing journeys that they took. Nonetheless, they did many things that were simply not right, and now I will address a few things that I believe deserve to be confronted.
Offences of Carolyn Hamlett
1. Carolyn brought false accusation against Darla Guerra, who is one of the most loving and compassionate women of God I have met, and publicly bullied and slandered her. This was not right.
2. Carolyn denounced her longstanding friend Karolyn Otlewski as a deceiver trying to gain influence by using her name. Karolyn was a supporter and prayer warrior for Carolyn Hamlett long before I met her. She was also a huge blessing to other survivors that had connected with BRIDE Ministries.
3. Carolyn broke fellowship with every survivor that didn’t break fellowship with me, accusing them of being cowards and of leading other survivors into deception, creating massive confusion in the survivor community with her ultimatums.
4. She forced us to call a meeting to vote her off the board because she didn’t follow Godly protocol in respectably resigning from the board of BRIDE Ministries. Is this really the fruit of a sound-minded, Christian woman of God whose actions are entirely inspired by the Holy Spirit? No. This is not how the Holy Spirit works.
Offences of Carolyn Hamlett and Loren Grace
1. They took private communications between themselves and men of God (Dr. Preston Bailey and Dr. Rob Ruckert) and published them without permission. This was done with the agenda to establish discord between me and men that I loved and respected.
2. They assembled many half-truths and distortions of information and continually rewrote and reworded their libel to try and form the most potent case against me and BRIDE Ministries.
3. They brought accusation against men and women of God, many of which have fruit-bearing ministries. Some of those they attacked are personal friends of mine that I respect and admire. In addressing their actions, I am standing up for those that I believe should be respected and honored. The Bible is clear to not touch the Lord’s anointed and to do His prophets no harm.
4. A year and a half later, they continue to make their platform entirely dedicated to the attack of ministries they do not theologically agree with. Posting not only their slander and libel, but anything they receive from others that will strengthen their case.
The Testimony of BRIDE Ministries
While it didn’t feel good to get betrayed, attacked, and slandered, God worked all things together for good. In the beginning, it was hard. Within a few months of the attacks, our financial support dried up as many of our supporters were struggling with whether to trust me and BRIDE Ministries. Many people walked away or went on the fence to see what would happen. Thus, with reduced funding, I could no longer afford to pay staff or to continue to support as many survivor healing journeys as we had committed to. At one point, we only had $600 in the ministry bank account. This was an all-time low for the ministry. I had to personally put thousands of dollars of my own money into BRIDE on top of my tithes just to prevent the organization from failing to pay out our financial obligations. The mandatory financial cut backs ultimately led to the dissolution of my entire staff and a lot of hurt feelings. Whereas at one point I had 3 staff members and several contractors, things transitioned to a place where I had to do the day in and day out duties entirely by myself. This did not include the production of The Fire Place Church services, but did include the podcast, the Fire Place Church live-stream, and the incredible amount of one-on-one coaching hours I was